Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Addition

I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am to announce to everyone that...

WERE HAVING A BABY!!

It's been a really really REALLY long wait before we were ready to tell people, and it's just such a relief to feel like everything doesn't have to be so secret anymore! (although it was pretty special to have that time for the two of us to really settle in to the news before it was broadcast to everyone)

For those who were looking for a little more information, here's the run down: November 16th I had an early birthday party with friends and woke up the next morning feeling not quite myself (crying for no reason?), Keith told me that it was because I was pregnant kind of as a joke and I denied it up and down. As the weekend went on he kept his stance and I kept mine, and I told him if he was THAT insistent, he could go buy a test. Monday November 19th we had two VERY obviously positive tests... YIKES! haha. I looked at Keith after I left the bathroom as said, "here we go!" We very quietly told two friends just to get some opinions on doctors in Nashville, but vowed not to share the news until we got to see an ultrasound and knew how far along we were, since we were definitely still in the dark about when all this might have happened. Our first midwife appointment wasn't until December 18th and that month felt like an ETERNITYYYYYY of "are we really pregnant?" and "naw, this can't be true!" We got there and she told us if we were far enough along we could hear a heartbeat, but not to get our hopes up... sure enough there it was, nice and strong, and that's when things started to get real ;-) Two days later on the 20th of December we got to have our first ultrasound, and I think it was Keith's favorite moment of all. It really is something to see a squirmy little thing moving around inside of you! We just sat there and gushed over the little legs crossing over each other, and arms covering its head. Keith asks me everyday if we can go back and see the baby again haha


Flash forward to Christmas when we got to surprise both sets of parents with baby announcement gifts! Everyone was so thrilled and it really made this one of the most memorable holidays that we've had so far!



As far as the details, I'm 13 weeks along and baby bug is the size of a lemon! Our due date is July 11th, I haven't thrown up once and I'm still not showing (unless you count those 10lbs I gained, oops)

Right now we're just trying to focus on all the fun and excitement of sharing the news of our upcoming addition. We're thinking about how fun it's going to be to see our parents become grandparents, and our brothers become uncles. We're taking just a slight break from trying to figure out all the "serious" stuff; the childcare, maternity leave and budgets... the things that keep me up at night if I let it! Right now we're just happy. When we were both at home for the holidays and people asked us "what's new" we just kind of looked at each other and laughed haha. Some days it seems like EVERYTHING is new, but deep down I know that WE are the same, and adding a baby to the mix might threaten to change things, but it certainly doesn't have to. We're still us, we still like to go out and adventure, and I can't wait to share that with our child!

Thank you all SO much for the overwhelming amount of love that you've already shared for us. We can't even describe how it feels to have such a large and amazing community of people supporting us, and we're happy to say that our baby couldn't be more blessed to have opportunities to know all of you!  Just get ready for MANY more baby updates this year!!!


When I said 2013 was going to be our year... I certainly wasn't kidding ;)

1 comment:

  1. YES! I love this more and more and more and moreeee you guys are the best

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!