Sunday, January 31, 2010
- Obviously, I moved to Philadelphia! Said goodbye to my closest friends and family and headed north to pursue something awesome.
- Got accepted to, and started graduate school at Temple University. Another Art History degree, here I come!
- I moved in with my best friend and greatest roommate of a lifetime, Keith.
- We adopted the coolest little cat in the WORLD, Theo… aka boogerhead (more on him later)
- WE GOT ENGAGED!! Here’s a look at the fancy ring that I get to wear for the rest of my life (no complaints from me)
- Continuing my masters, one semester down, three to go. I have a lot of work to do, and I’m hoping 2010 will motivate me to be the best student I can be.
- GETTING MARRIED! and getting a new last name. I love my family to pieces, but I can’t wait to start a family of my own (I promise, your family is going to be jealous of how awesome the Richards’ will be)
- Getting to wake up next to my favorite person every single day this year. 2009 was still a year of long distance dating, but now that we’re together, I can’t imagine living (or even BEING) miles away
- Continuing to explore our new city and all the exciting things it has to offer. Hopefully making so new Philadelphia friends in the process too haha
To friends and fellow bloggers, this is a new adventure in the blogging world for me. I've been a very dedicated tumblr for the past 3 years and this is not a departure from that, just an addition to it, something a little calmer, and a little more personal.
As most may know, at the end of August 2009 I packed up everything I owned into a trailer and embarked on a new adventure and new phase of life in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Leaving Florida for an indefinite amount of time (if not forever) was not a decision that I made lightly. I’m a lover of sun and all things warm. Sandals, shorts, and spending all year with the sunroof open is all I’ve ever known.
But here I am, with the love of my life, in a new and exciting city experiencing my first winter. This blog (hopefully) will be a personal chronicle of my always changing battle with the weather, and all that has come along with my new life away from the Sunshine State.