Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

21 weeks

(In reality, I'm rounding the corner on week 23, but here are some notes from baby bug's 21st week. Let's pretend our internet wasn't out all weekend and that this is being posted in a timely fashion...)


I experienced this when we were engaged and planning our wedding, so I wasn't completely unprepared... but in the midst of life changing events it seems like LOTS of naysayers come out of the woodworks. Lots of "oh just wait until he gets here" and snarky comments about how tired we're going to be, and how our relationship will never be the same. I don't live in the naive land of sunshine and rainbows, I just don't understand raining on someone's parade before the parade has even started! And it's not like what you're telling me is going to make me change my mind about having a baby, he's coming whether we're scared or not. Thankfully though, among all of that loveliness I've had a few amazing people that have shared some exciting, "THIS is what you have to look forward to" stories. Those are the best and are the reason why I daydream all afternoon about what a great dad my husband is going to be, and how ADORABLE this little bug will be :)

Something else that has been really great, is all the support I've gotten from the people I work with and the parents of the children in my class. I definitely won't be needing to spend any money on maternity clothes, because most of the moms have been stocking me up on all of their (nice as heck!) clothes that they don't need anymore. New clothes are always so fun! and especially if you didn't have to pay for them. Even Keith has been excited to see me wearing something different, and I'm just happy to have more options of things that actually fit haha.

As far as how I'm feeling, everything has been going great! No uncomfortable symptoms, no extreme exhaustion, and besides my belly button hurting a bit (weird) it was a great week!

4 comments:

  1. i can seriously see a difference in belly size compared to 20 weeks. Crazy how soon he will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes, it can be "hard" at times, but it is your state of mind. The not sleeping as much never bothered me because I knew it and accepted that it was coming and plus, elliot was never a burden to me. You want to make sure they are safe and eating when they should be and just make sure you nap when they do...your body definitely adjusts. Now that he has been sleeping 12 hours a night for a year, if he gets up 30 minutes earlier...I feel like I haven't slept at all haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to SEEEEE you and your adorable self!! WOOT! You both are gonna be the bestest parents. You know, I think I told you that a long time ago - when I saw your passion for teaching little kids art while you were in PA - and I have no doubt about daddy - this is something he's wanted for so long - and I know he learned from "experience" what he knows will make a great daddy - y'all are gonna be AH-MAY-ZING!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh seeing your belly gives me crazy baby fever (yeah, that is crazy talk) and I'm so so excited for you!! He is going to be the sweetest and most loved baby ever.

    I got a bunch of the negativity too when I was pregnant and if anyone *asks* me about the negatives nowadays, I will glady share (haha) but otherwise, ignore the naysayers because there is so much to look forward to! You are going to experience a love like no other and smile bigger than you've ever smiled in your life (I'm not even exaggerating on that one). And yes for a while it will seem like all you and Keith ever talk about and focus on anymore is the baby but that's ok - cherish it because it all flies by. And believe me, CREATING A LIFE together will make y'all closer than ever before. And I wrote that in caps because there will be plenty of choking up when you realize that y'all really MADE life together. Just typing that gets me all choked up :) For every "negative" there are so many more positives :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!