Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

24 Weeks

(I began writing this forever ago, just bear with me as I try and catch up on these)

Hey there week 24 (you were two weeks ago... but)! We've got some definite baby kicks coming our way!


Tiny Mr. Richards is now very clearly making his presence known and it's been fun trying to guess what he's up to in there. There are some nights that Keith will put his hand on my tummy and (it seems that) bug will go out of his way to change positions just to kick for him. I think it was much more noticeable for me to feel him since I was home on spring break and doing more relaxing than normal, but I can tell that he's growing and getting much stronger. I love that Keith can finally start experiencing some of this whole "baby growing inside me" business. Now that I can feel him more, it's definitely been distracting. I waited so long for those little kicks and nudges to start, that now I don't want to miss any of them! I know that once he gets bigger I won't be quite as excited about feeling all those wiggles, but for now I can't help but give him my full attention when he gives me a little hello kick.

Week 24 was when I had my spring break from school which was a little different than I thought it would be. I ended up not getting as much done as I wanted to, but that was mostly because I developed a little stomach bug and wasn't feeling great. We just stayed in town, got some rest, enjoyed all the extra baby kicks that I could feel and took advantage of any of the nice days that we could... (even though it snowed the first two days, and rained the last 4 ugh). When we were out at the mall one night, we popped into Old Navy because they were having a sale and grabbed a couple cute outfits. As much as we are thankful for the things that we're given, and all the gifts we've been receiving, it's still nice to have a couple things we've picked out just for our boy.

In other news, now that we have a name picked out, we've been using it at home a bunch which has made it VERY hard not to start using it in front of others. My wonderful husband has already slipped a couple of times and though we're still absolutely committed to keeping it a secret until he arrives, there are 4 people on this planet (who have been sworn to secrecy) who do know what our little boy will be called. That being said, you can all stop guessing! We're still not telling ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!