Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Best Bud, Baseball, and Beer

So I don't do this whole blogging thing as much as I wish I did. All the more reason to be thankful for my beautiful fiancee documenting our lives as well as she does! But the past couple of days have been too good for me not to record and share the events.

It starts with the fact that I haven't been to my home state of Georgia since January. Since then I have been having to save up my paid time off for the two weeks that I will be out of work for our wedding and honeymoon. So when my best friend from home, Jonathan Hillyard, realized I wasn't going to be able to come home before the wedding he came through in a huge way and made plans to come visit me and get us tickets for the Braves Phillies series. I can't put into words how excited this made me! I get to see my best friend plus I haven't seen a baseball game ALL SEASON! This visit also happened to fall during a time when work has been a little chaotic and stressful (because we've been running short one manager at my store for two weeks)so it was much needed time away from work.

Jonathan got in around 5:00pm on Thursday so I got off work around 4:15, iced down some beer in the cooler, and headed to pick up Jonathan and get to the game.




We started with a small tailgating session then headed into the game.




We had a little bit of a scare in the bottom of the 9th with the game tied 3-3, but our Bravos pulled it out 6-3!

The next day we started with burritos and our favorite burrito place in downtown Manayunk. We came back to the apt. and watched Invictus that we had from Netflix, then we headed out to fill up with more ice, beer and a couple of hoagies from Wawa.

Jonathan came through in a big way as far as our seats went. He used a connection and came up with seats in the visiting player family section. Primo seats!






We may not have been the most popular attendees at the game, but we sure did enjoy a 7-5 victory at our second game with B Mac coming through with a huge 3 run double!




We ended each game with a victory ale in the parking lot waiting for traffic to clear out a little bit. Wednesday night we stopped at Kildare's, a favorite bar of ours, to cool of and extend the celebration of seeing our team win 2 of 3 in the series.

We wrapped up Jonathan's visit with a couple of cheesesteaks and lagers at Chubby', a steakhouse close to our apartment.






I could not have asked for a better mini getaway! So here's to 25 more crazy days at work until I travel to south Florida to marry the most beautiful girl I've ever known and party with all of our closest friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!