Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July

Keith's friend Jonathan is getting in to town tonight meaning that Keith's been working a lot so he can have the next two days off. I was pretty bummed when I found out that he was going to be working on the 4th, and that I would be hanging at the house solo. Keith caught wind of my funk and made some plans for us to hang out with our friends Gillian and Tim when he got off. We headed down to their house, had some beers and burgers on their deck and then took the train over to the parkway for the free Goo Goo Dolls concert and fireworks. We had an awesomeeeee time! And it was MUCH better than sitting at home for another night.

May I introduce you to my new favorite cat ever Henry (don't tell Theo haha) He may look like an ordinary cat to you, but Henry here is the largest short haired cat that I've ever seen. Gillian and I go to school together and spent a lot of time together last semester, so I knew that she had a cat and that he was pretty over weight, but I was not expecting him to be quite as awesome as he truly is haha

Here is me holding Henry, who is about 30 lbs. Gill and Tim rescued him from a shelter and apparently before he got there he lived with a homeless man who fed him McDonalds. I LOVE BIG CATSSSSS!

Keith enjoying his burger. Their 3rd floor deck is amazinggg! Keith and I are so jealous. I would be out there all the time if we had a space like that.

Here are our gracious hosts for the night Gillian and Tim.

The sky was really pretty as we were waiting for the train.

GOO GOO DOLLS! I think we were all a little surprised by how few songs of theirs that we actually knew haha I guess they only had like 5 hits. There were thousands of people down in the city for the concert, and I'm positive that at least 50% didn't even know who the Goo Goo Dolls were, so I guess our 5 song knowledge gave us a heads up haha I had a pretty good time people watching, and trying to figure out how in the world their singer still has the same haircut he did in the 90s, and why he was wearing a long sleeve shirt on a 95degree night haha

Can you tell that we ate blue water ice?

The fireworks were pretty good too, afterwards though it was a mad rush for everyone to get back to the subway/train stations and we got stuck standing in line for 30 minutes trying to get through the turnstiles. Overall I would say that it was a very successful holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That cat! I thought Bowie was big...but dang, that cat is massive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually they had 17 top 10 hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cheryl, I'm not the strongest by any means, but I definitely had a little trouble picking Henry up. He's such a lover though (I want Theo to get BIGGERRRR!)

    And to the anonymous goo goo dolls lover, my apologies for misrepresenting their fame. They were surprisingly good live haha

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!