Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Eve

On this night one year ago I was in my parents back yard with just about every person on this planet that I love the most. We rehearsed the wedding ceremony, put some finishing touches on things, made the last phone calls and orders and then ate dinner and relaxed by the pool. I was calm but still very anxious. Would everything go the way I planned it? Would the food taste good, would everyone show up on time? Would it rain? So much uncertainty, but the one thing I was certain of was him. I knew that I would go to sleep as me, and before I went to bed again the next day, it would be we. Best choice I ever made.

I think one of my favorite bloggers Emily really captured my feelings when she said, "1 universe, 9 planets, 204 countries, 809 islands, 7 seas, and I had the privilege of meeting you." 

I couldn't be more thankful for you, Keith Alan Richards. Thank you for being my husband for 2 whole years and for choosing to love me better each and every one of those days. You give me reasons to smile and laugh and to be the best version of myself even when it seems impossible some days. You forgive me on the days that I fall short, and you love me even when I don't show you the love you deserve. For that you are my favorite, and for that I am grateful. For the past 730 days, I have been a wife, and I look forward to a million more of learning how to do that better. I am yours, forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!