Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mom was in town!

This past week/weekend was pretty crazzzzyyyy. I had a presentation on Thursday afternoon, mom got to Philly in the evening, I stayed up all night writing a presentation that I gave friday morning and things didn't slow down from there haha

After my presentation on Friday, mom and Keith picked me up from school, we grabbed some lunch and then headed over to the Barnes Collection for a few hours of looking at art. Mom had never been before and we really enjoyed our afternoon away from the loud city.

After we left the Barnes, we went straight to Ikea. Keith and I have been saving forever for a new bedroom set for awhile now and with our tax returns, coupons and gift certificates we were finally able to go and pick it out. Here's Keith looking over joyed at the store... I should have taken a photo of us after we hauled everything up the stairs to our apartment because there were not such big smiles haha

After Ikea the three of us went out to dinner to celebrate Keith's upcoming birthday (it's on Wednesday, you should call him ;)) We had a few beers and just relaxed a little bit and once we got home I completely passed out.
At 6am mom and I got up so that we could head to Chinatown and catch a bus to DC. Some of my moms college friends were getting together to see one of their sons play lacrosse at the University of Maryland and since we were so close we headed down for the day. Our trip took much longer than we had planned but we eventually made it to the stadium to check out the second half of the game.

Here is Cathy (who's son we were there to watch) my mom and Kathy.

Here is Dan playing... Maryland won the game, which made it lots of fun.

Turtle.

Beth, Cathy, Kathy and Mom.

After the game we all went to a large tailgate party for the team and ate lots of food. We went back to Kathy's house relaxed and then set up for another mega feast. Mmmm food.

THEN! I got to hang out with two of my favorite people! It wouldn't be a trip to Maryland without some hangout time with Andi and Katelyn. I also got to meet their super awesome new roommate Anna (she's on the left). We headed into the city and went to a party with some of their friends. Very nice to get a chance to not be stressed about school.



FINALLLLYYYYY.... since Keith couldn't get off of work to come to DC with us yesterday he worked very hard to build our new bedroom set! Here is my new dresser (he hasn't built his yet, that's next)

and here is our new bed with pull out headboard deal... love it. We're very excited about finally having furniture that is our own and not hand-me-downs from who knows where. Also, when we were at Ikea Mom got us some wall sconce lights which I did want really badly :) Now we just need to get something to put on the wall to decorate haha (sorry for the crooked picture, I promise the lights on the wall are straight haha)

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for Ikea! If it weren't for that awesome, reasonably affordable furniture, Andrew and I might still be sharing a twin bed...that was the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 people on a twin sized bed is 100% awful. Keith's room at his moms house only has a tiny bed and we just spend all night pushing each other off when we stay there haha thanks Ikea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that bedset a lot!

    Mama Beal looks real punk rock in the hoodie + jean jacket combo :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!