Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Long time no Blog

So I had every intention of doing consistent updates on this blog. Needless to say I have failed to do so up to this point. My beautiful fiancee has done a wonderful job of keeping tabs on our crazy lives and I can't thank her enough for that.

Life seems a little like controlled chaos right now. There are times that I get lost in the chaos, and other times I am able to recognize and experience freedom within His control.

Work is a little crazy. A huge prayer has been answered and I will be transferring to a store much closer to our home. The only thing standing in the way of a smooth transition is the lack of a replacement for me at the store I am currently in. Overall it has made for a pretty frustrating couple of weeks, but I've hit the point of realizing that complaining isn't going to change my situation at all so I'm just going to do what needs to be done until everything gets smoothed out. Updates will come as they progress.

Dana is swamped with school this month so I will be at the wheel of the wedding this month. I am actually a little excited. I feel like there are a couple of loose ends that i can have tied up by the end of April easing the burden for everyone involved. I also get a great joy out of doing things for the love of my life. There is an indescribable feeling that comes with serving someone, especially your best friend.

I have been driving myself, and Dana at times, a little crazy with how I've been running and trying to flex so much control over our finances. But after dumping almost $2,000 since September into our car, and countless conversations with some of the strong brothers in my life, I feel that I am finally letting go of the controls to the Lord. He provides everything and it's all His anyway, so I don't know why I have been killing myself to try and manipulate something out of my control. It has come with immeasurable more peace.

Our community seems to be growing. We have two couples we have grown pretty close with which has been great for us and it seems every week Dana has someone new she wants to have over for dinner which I love. I love sharing our home and the love that is within these walls with anyone that comes through our door.

I miss my family. I miss Nashville. I miss my ATL boys. But overall I am completely satisfied and I am enjoying our life here in Philadelphia more and more each day.

I love her so much. Every minute I get to spend with her. This picture was taken at a Jersey Mikes date in between her long day of classes son Wednesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!