Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sunny

I was complaining last week about my students and helpers, but amidst all the struggle I had with students to create replicas of Van Gogh's Sunflowers, the finished products were quite amazing. Once the kids got over their initial frustrations of feeling like they didn't know how to draw vases or flowers they started getting really creative with it. Here are my favorites:









I have no idea what this is, but I love it haha


I did have one great comment that I just have to share: as the students were finishing their backgrounds one of the tutors said to me, "I don't know why you even give them markers, it always makes their drawings look SO BAD!" <-- actual quote from an adult, while in the presence of children. Seriously? I give them markers because they LOVE markers and as long as they're coloring and enjoying themselves it doesn't really matter. 

Just for good measure, I also felt like showing you this painting from a middle schooler who did a similar project just with watercolors. She's pretty awesome for a 6th grader.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!