Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Today's Food




Sunday is usually a day where we settle so deeply into relaxation that we cannot be bothered to cook anything at home, and retreat to eating out at one of the of so tempting places nearby. Today was a different day, somehow. I'm sure people are sick of hearing me ramble on about how amazing our CSA is, but it just never gets old to me. Every week is like Christmas as we unpack our box of goodies and marvel at all the treats we get to enjoy in the coming days, and today's box left me inspired. We pulled the panini press out from the cupboard and made some DELICIOUS sandwiches, which included chicken, hummus, goat cheese and tomatoes (smoked gouda for Keith). Then I went to the kitchen and didn't return until our whole house was filled with the delicious scent of baked goods. Baking is something that I truly love to do... I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily the best at it, but barring any major complications (which I've had PLENTY of) most things I make turn out pretty great. Today's masterpieces: a loaf of zucchini bread, and a black raspberry cobbler. I am quite excited to wake up in the morning and toast up a piece of that bread because it has a divine flavor, and I can say that the cobbler you see pictured above has been at least halved by now. I think my favorite thing is that I now know what to do with the pounds of zucchini that have been piling up, and I only hope I can find a similarly simple solution to all those green beans! Not pictured: fresh corn cakes with pulled chicken and a tomato, avocado slaw... one of our most favorite dinners.

Today was filled with some truly great food, leaving me inspired to continue that theme throughout the week.





1 comment:

We love hearing what you have to think!