Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And the painting continues...

Today we painted our living room! Just one room away from being done! Although I should say, Keith was really the one who painted the living room because I was in school all day. I was around to do some trim while we watched The Price is Right this morning which is always a good time. Keith and I decided that we both really like watching day time game shows because of all the old people commercials that they show, and for the obvious nostalgia since we both at some point used to watch The Price is Right with our grandparents. Here is a photo update of some stuff I had on my camera and then some of todays adventure:

Here is a belated photo of our friend Molly who came over the other night for dinner. She left us a drawing of her really awesome fat cat Hedy. Last month when I met Molly we went and got coffee together and then stopped by her apartment. As soon as I saw how HUGE her cat was I knew we would be the best of friends haha


While I'm on the subject of cats... I just wanted to thank Andi and Katelyn for passing along this weird little blue cat cube. When we were in DC last month Theo took a liking to it and since Spooky had no interest we brought it home with us. Since we've had it here Theo pretty much doesn't like to sit anywhere else, he's CONSTANTLY in it, and when he plays he just runs back and forth always coming back to it. Here is a picture of him (sorry for the blur :/) eating his food from the box, he's become a little hermit crab haha


Today while we were painting Keith stepped in paint!! I'm not the only one!! His wasn't quite as bad as my bathroom incident so he didn't have to wear the sock of shame, but I was still pretty proud and laughed at him a lot.


For some reason Theo was not as good about leaving us alone while we painted today. He spent most of his time trying to walk on the furniture with the drop cloths on it and couldn't quite figure out why his favorite chair was unreachable. He then figured out how to get under the drop cloth and continued to wreak havoc. Oh the joys of having a kitten :) He eventually figured out that he wasn't welcome in the living room he went and hung in his blue box haha


Something random: I just wanted to share that I have become the Sandra Lee snack master of making yummy things to eat with whole wheat tortillas haha first was my revelation with nutella and powdered sugar and then yesterday I tried out some pesto sauce, olive oil and a dash of salt. Put them in the oven for 10 minutes and had a very tasty treat! Having a tight grocery budget forces you to get creative and I would say I'm doing pretty well haha.


Back to our home... here's Keith filling in our thermometer thingy, we're getting so close!


and here is a little view of our living room from the kitchen. The walls are painted but this is the one room where we really need some decorating. Yes, yes I know... everything in the room is beige haha we are hoping to upgrade our living room furniture in the future (hint hint check out our wedding registry and buy us lots and lots of presents!) in the mean time we need to get a new cover for the futon to break up the neutrality. Regardless I'm excited not to be surrounded by plain white walls oof


3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that your apartment is looking more homey!! when do you have classes lady? cuz i need to come out and see you guys sometime when you're not so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, the tortilla with pesto sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I didn't know you had a real blog. Good job! By the way, Keith's thermometer is the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!