Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

March is here...

... and there are so many things that I'm excited for!

  1. SPRING! Today was sunny, cold still, but at least sunny. I got prematurely excited that spring was on it's way and decided to forgo boots and wear my Toms. I wouldn't say it was a terrible idea, but there are definitely a few more weeks before Spring actually arrives haha I CANNOT wait for flowers to start blooming.
  2. A trip to Florida. Turns out that a lot of our friends are going to be gone for the weekend we'll be in town because of a music festival, but that will give us some much needed time to hang with my family, relax and soak up some of that wonderful sun and warmth :) WOO! SPRING BREAK!!
  3. Continuing our wedding planning. Next up is making our invitations, getting passports and planning a honeymoon. My continual hope is that I'll find joy through this whole process, so far so good. Yesterday we went to Crate & Barrel to finish some of our registering. Every Sunday in February they did a special Sunday event for couples to register so we got to have yummy breakfast treats and endless mimosas (that makes the whole process WAY more fun).
  4. Finishing up the painting in our apartment. We're half way there! Just two more rooms to paint, then we're going to fix up some dressers and make our room a little more organized. I'm very very excited to decorate afterwards and get some pictures of friends and family hanging up.
  5. Growing our community here in Philadelphia. I feel so silly talking about how happy it makes me to say that we're starting to make friends here, but it's true and it's really awesome (sorry we sound like desperate losers haha). We've already had a house guest for dinner, and we're excited to have more. Keith and I just both came from living in apartments that always had friends coming in and out and we would love to have that kind of community here in Philly.
  6. Exploring new places to eat! We love food! and Philly has lots of it to offer. This weekend we tried a new place for brunch and even though I was a little cranky because we woke up early (sorry :/) we both enjoyed it a lot. We also scoped out a really yummy burger joint to try sometime soon.
I'm so glad for all the things that put a smile on my face. I'm excited for March and for the snow to melt so that I can worry a little less about Keith driving to work.
I hope that my spring break is productive, and that I continue to keep up with all my school work, get a leg up on some papers and get some studying done for my German exam (ugh).

Lastly, I'm a little bummed that the Olympics are over, Canada was just so comical throughout. I can hardly wait for London in two more years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!