Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ready for a long one?

So as I'm sure I mentioned, Keith and I were in Florida this past week. We weren't able to see as many friends as we wanted to, but it was a great time to relax, hang with family and enjoy the nice weather. Now it's back to work and school and wedding planning with zero time for much else. Here are some pictures from our trip!

After spending a year with no car and only a scooter to get around, Keith has grown quite fond of them. Kathleen and Renee have a scooter of their own now, so he took any chance possible to ride it around town.

The second night we got to town Keith shaved off the beard he had been growing all winter! I love him always, but I think he has the most adorable face, and love love love when I get to see it :)

My aunt has an adorable chocolate lab puppy named Maycee. I knew this would happen, but hanging out with her made Keith want a dog really badly... one of these days. He actually talked to Kathleen about getting one of her puppies when she has babies in a couple years. I know that's far away but get ready for lots of puppy pictures when it does happen!

Here's my dad, making guacamole. Love it.

Mom. She's coming to visit us in Philadelphia in a couple weeks! Can't wait!

Kathleen and Renee. We wish we could live closer to them :(

On Saturday my cousin Jack had a basketball game which just happened to be in the gym of my old high school and quickly flooded my brain with terrible memories of playing team handball ugh. Cousins David and Mark came along.

Mark, Uncle Chris and David.

After the game WE WENT TO THE BEACH!! Oh how I missed it :) After terrible thunderstorms on Thursday and Friday, Saturday could not have been any nicer.

The water was still a little too chilly for swimming but it was just so nice to be outside and feel warmth coming from the sun.

My cousins did eventually get Keith in the water, it seriously was so pretty there that day.

Things that I miss most about Florida:
  1. My family and friends
  2. The weather
  3. The beach
  4. All of my favorite foods and restaurants
If all of those things could just move themselves to Philadelphia, life would be perfect.

I rode the scooter with Keith, and looked outrageously cool in that helmet haha

Kathleen, Pam and I. Last year Kathleen and Pam both taught 5th grade together and had adjoining classrooms. I spent a lot of time substitute teaching for them or at their school, and definitely miss getting to hang out with them all the time. Sidenote: I forgot how humid Florida is for some reason. My hair was ridiculous the whole time we were there and I spent most of my time trying to brush my bangs away from my forehead haha

These are some weirdo alligator shoes that someone gave to my dad at a golf tournament. The first day we were in town Keith and I spotted them in the backseat of his car and had a pretty good laugh about them. We then preceded to nag him about them all weekend and Sunday as we were headed to the airport he actually wore them haha

After a wonderful weekend that was definitely too short we said goodbye to the Sunshine State with a beautiful sunset.

Keith and I definitely needed a vacation, and some time away from our Philadelphia lives. We ate lots of Moes, and Mexican food in general, got some wedding stuff accomplished (like putting down the deposit on our venue and getting my dress fitted!) and we got to spend some awesome times with family and friends. Since we've been home our little Theo has been SUCH a love muffin, I guess every once in awhile he needs to be reminded that he's got pretty cool parents that really appreciate when he doesn't bite them.

To those of you who we DIDN'T get to see (like Felicia :/ boo) we are very very sorry that our schedule was so tight. We will be back and that is a promise!

Until then, my fingers are crossed for more and more beautiful sunny days here in Philly that make this smile on my face bigger and bigger :)

3 comments:

  1. Aww :) It looks like you guys had a great time at home. I know it's far away, but I can't wait to see wedding pictures!
    -Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad i got to see you guys if only for a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like a stalker blowing up your phone with missed calls and text messages!

    I like keith's shaven face too! and your dad's south beach gator shoes pahaha. I want to see Jack play a sport! next time I supppppose.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!