Friday, May 27, 2011
Extra Long Weekend
Today marked the beginning of my 4 day weekend, which Keith and I will celebrate tonight with beers at the Yazoo Taproom, mmmmmm. We're hoping for a super relaxing weekend working on some things around the house and catching up with friends, which I COULD NOT be happier about.
Here are some things that have been going on recently:
- Today I went on a shopping trip with Chelsey and splurged on this beautiful patterned skirt from Anthropologie. I love it :) It so soft and swirly and I want to wear it every day this summer!
- Also today, I went with Chelsey to her midwife appointment and I got to hear her sweet baby's heartbeat. He is coming so soon!!
- I no longer have to work until 7pm! The kids only have a day and a half left of school, then we get a week off, and summer camp begins. I'm not crazy excited about essentially being a camp counselor those 6 weeks, BUT it requires hardly any prep/planning and I get to wear shorts everyday haha.
- Because I no longer have to work until 7, I can start taking yoga/pilates classes!
- This one is a bummer: my camera isn't working anymore :( It got a little wet in my bag this week when my water bottle spilled, and now it just won't turn on. That coupled with my phone that died this morning after listening to half a cd, I'm starting to believe that technology is not on my side this week. I have had that camera for about 6 years and I've been griping about wanting an upgrade, but it's not exactly in the budget. For now, you'll have to deal with iPhone photos (from my phone that only stays alive for an hour at a time, fml) Anyway, I'm still carrying it around in my purse because I'm in denial about it actually being dead. You never know...
- On a lighter note, I got two huge bags of frozen strawberries from work yesterday which I definitely plan on turning into strawberry daiquiris at our Memorial Day BBQ... because that is the American way ;)
Hope you all have a great long weekend!!