Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Paint!

There really is something to be said for a fresh coat of paint and the affect that a little bit of color can have. I guess in my last post I forgot to mention that Keith got me the best Valentines Day present ever... PAINT!! Our poor apartment has been stark white ever since we moved it, and it is less than inspiring. We haven't done any decorating because we knew we wanted to paint the walls before we got too crazy hanging things. Meaning: it's pretty bare in here. Thankfully we pulled some extra money together and took advantage of a Home Depot sale so we can finally breathe some life into our place and really make it seem like home.

Since Keith rarely has consecutive days off, we decided to break up our painting adventures room by room to make it a more manageable project. He was off today so we decided to start with the bathroom and we're both ecstatic with the results. Here are some photos from our day of painting.

Yes. Within 2 minutes of painting I managed to step in the paint tray. Is anyone surprised? Since I had paint all over my foot and couldn't wipe it all off Keith made me put a sock on to avoid ruining the chair I was standing on. We called it the sock of shame and I had to wear it all day to remember to watch where I step haha there is thankfully no photographic evidence.




Theo was so good all day and stayed out of the bathroom until we were done. When we started cleaning he came in to sniff around and was throughly terrified for some reason haha



Ultimate success. We're so happy to finally invest some time in the apartment where we spend so much of our lives. Hopefully by the end of the month we'll be done with all the rooms and you can all come visit our pretty home!

4 comments:

  1. that's such a nice color!

    sock of shame made me smile. I could hear his voice and see his reaction to you stepping in paint haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're so lucky! I haven't been in an apartment that I was allowed to paint for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks FABO!!!! Also, I had not seen the new shower - when I was there it was the claw footed tub.

    Hmmm...does this post have anything to do with my #2 son calling to say he wants to paint HIS bathroom? Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yes our poor claw footed tub had to leave in favor of that not nearly as cool looking shower. Our landlord claimed that the tub was leaking to the first floor, but honestly? The shower leaks too haha oh well. We're just happy to have a more put together looking bathroom. We're hoping to paint the kitchen on Thursday then on to the other two rooms. Pretty soon we'll be ready for guests... wink wink :-)

    And Keith and I aren't sure if Christopher has been keeping up with our blog, but i'd say that post was pretty inspiring ;-)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!