Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Crazy winter

Just in addition to my post about our fun snow adventures I wanted to share this picture from a local news site. There was so much snow here in the city that people were actually snowboarding and skiing down the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art (think of the movie Rocky, those stairs are fairly iconic in the world of pop culture haha). It made me think of those times in Florida when there is a hurricane coming and all the badass surfers sneak past the cops and go out to surf on the huge waves. I'm not positive that is an accurate comparison, but this is a cool picture/idea regardless.

Photo: Matt Rourke/AP
www.newstimes.com

2 comments:

  1. Bizarre things such as this also happen in Cleveland in the winter. I'm not sure what causes it, but in the winter Lake Erie gets some fairly decent wave action...enough to draw surfers into it's completely frigid waters. I've seen the surfers at one of our beaches a couple of times. It seems ridiculous to me, but I suppose if you like surfing it might be pretty awesome. Oh, and they wear wet suits so the don't freeze. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is serious ridiculousness! I wouldn't even go swimming at the beach in Florida right now and the water is probably only like 70 degrees haha I'm very picky about how warm my water needs to be. I wouldn't touch Lake Erie with a 10 foot pole even in the summer!! hahaha

    Something about winter makes people go a little bonkers, I'm learning this slowly haha

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!