Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Belated Valentines Day

Sorry for the lull in posts, the internet+blogger seem completely uninterested in each other which is why it's taken forever to get these photos uploaded.

I would like to start by mentioning that I have the greatest family on the planet. Ever since Keith and I moved to Philadelphia my aunt Liz has sent us wonderful boxes full of goodies that are pretty hard to compete with. For Valentines Day we got lots and lots of her homemade cookies and more which was just what I needed on Tuesday afternoon after trying for an hour to get home on the bus.


Since we were in Washington, DC for most of the day Sunday, and then attempting to free our car from icy death for the rest of the night, we didn't really get a chance to appropriately celebrate Valentines day (which is also the 6 month mark in the countdown to our wedding!) and we both went on with our daily lives. Keith and I have this very incredible way of striking up completely opposite work/school schedules so it's only natural that on Wednesday when I have a full day of classes, he got the day off. Even though we were both completely fine with not doing anything on V-Day, we were long over due for a proper date so Keith surprised me by picking me up from school Wednesday evening with dinner and a movie in mind.

One of our more recent goals is to become more familiar with the city and branch out to try new restaurants. I think that our more immediate challenge is to find a really great burger place, but since neither of us had done any research on the matter we went with a standard favorite, Pei Wei, who will never let us down.



After a wonderful dinner Keith and I went to get a couple drinks (and kill time before the movie) at Winnies Le Bus which was actually the first restaurant that we ever came to in Manayunk when we visited with my parents last summer. I greatly enjoyed my yummy sangria, we need to go back there soon for dinner (and also their great happy hour!)


Then we headed to the theatre to see Valentines Day. Cheesy chick flick? Not really, we both enjoyed it a lot and was one of those movies that left you with an overall good feeling. I also really really love Juila Roberts, her part was my favorite for sure. I would recommend it if you're looking for a movie without too much emotional drama, but still pretty filled with love.

ALTHOUGH! Our wonderful feelings of goodness and love were abruptly squashed when we got outside and saw that it was SNOWING.. AGAIN! (<-- overreaction? my apologies) Thankfully it wasn't much and didn't stick, so we're just left with the preexisting mountains of snow from all of last week. I am done with snow.


2 comments:

  1. Valentine's Day was so good.

    BRADLEY COOPER = biggest plot twist / shocking / unthinkable thought in a movie!!

    I was going ape shit.

    Also, Taylor Swift = Felicia? bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never liked Jessica Alba, but now I like her even less. Plus she's a terrible blond ughhh.

    Bradley Cooper: very hot, but a very unbelievable gay haha definitely unexpected though

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!