Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More snow?

My apologies if you're getting sick of seeing pictures of us covered in snow, we're getting a little sick of looking at the stuff by now too haha Last night and all day today we've been getting pounded with another huge snow storm, making this a record breaking winter for Philadelphia as far as snow fall (and it's only February? when does Spring start?) I think what's happening here is that the weather gods knew that a bunch of Florida kids (and one from Georgia too Keith) moved up to the Northeast and wanted to make sure that we felt sufficiently welcomed to the area. Andi and Katelyn down in DC have been getting just as much as us, and I hear NYC is no stranger either. My new favorite weather term of all time is THUNDERSNOW! Our weather man uses that to describe a storm that is equivalent to a thunderstorm just with snow, and ironically enough when Keith and I went out to play today it was definitely thundering haha

Here are some photos we took out in the snow this afternoon. We're both home from school/work because Pennsylvania is in a state of emergency and no one is allowed on the roads. We're getting a little bored, and aren't too excited with the selection of food in the house (or maybe that's just me? I've only been out of this apartment for a two hour class since last Friday ughhh) so we wanted to go and check out the storm. It was pretty nuts out there. Very windy and icy and I'm sure you'll be able to tell from the wonderful faces I'm making in all of these pictures haha

Theo likes to look out the window in our bathroom and check out everything that's going on in the backyard. He's getting so big!!



These are examples of me trying to smile and failing because of the ridiculous amount of snow flying at my/our faces haha You can also still make out a scratch on my face (my right cheek your left) from my sledding accident Sunday, my sunglasses left that lovely mark. At least it isn't swollen anymore though.

This one is a little better, we actually look happy.. which we were the whole time we were out, it's just hard to smile with ice coming at you haha


Our street, completely covered!

We attempted to make a snow man out of all the snow people shoveled off the sidewalk. Our original plan was to go to the backyard to make one but the gate to get there was frozen shut haha

He was a pretty lame looking snowman, but he was ours all the same. I think I was trying to do a thumbs up here?

Our snowman only lasted a few minutes though, Keith rolled right through him haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!