Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Live Music

After returning from Florida on Tuesday morning, Keith and I didn't stop until, well.... right this minute haha. Keith headed straight to work on Tuesday afternoon and I proceeded to pack our entire home. Wednesday I had my last day of work, ran a few errands and then drove downtown to pick up Robert and my brother Jake from the bus station. It's not often that I could convince people to visit us in Philadelphia... but a few months ago Jake called me wondering if we had any plans for November 10th. At the time we had no idea we were going to be moving this week, otherwise I might have answered differently haha but when he offered up a ticket to see Sufjan Stevens live, I knew we couldn't say no. My brother lives in New York City, and one of the ultimate issues there is that concerts sell out in a snap. When he couldn't buy a ticket for either of the New York shows, he decided to make the 2 hour trip to our place and I'm pretty excited that he did.

After I picked up Robert and Jake we headed over to Sketch for some amazing burgers (my last until we visit Philly :( boo) and then we hung out at our place with some beers. We eventually made our way downtown for the show and had another beer at a local bar before going into the theater. The concert was at the historic Academy of Music which was one of the most beautiful theaters I've ever been to. Definitely one to remember. The show itself was so amazing it's hard to even describe the experience... Sufjan was so fun and silly and the entire stage was full of life and made me smile so much. It has been WAY too long since Keith and I have seen any live music. Keith had an unfortunate scheduling issue at work and wasn't able to join us there until around 10pm, but he still got to see at least half of the set, and the encore. We definitely want to start going to see more concerts and shows now that we live in Music City!

Robert and Jake stayed the night with us in our half packed apartment and then on Thursday we slept in, watched the Price is Right, ate mega cheesesteaks and headed downtown so that they could head back home to New York. It was so great to have them in town, even though I felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off since I was so stressed about our pending move haha

Here are a few photos from their time in town:

Robert = my arch enemy


It was very hard to get a good photo, but I did get some videos that I need to share soon!



My last chicken philly for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!