... I am thankful for a lot of things:
- I am thankful for our amazing friends Tytus and Jamie who have let us take over their home and invade their lives for this month. I'm sorry our cat is such a brat, and always wanted to get on top of your refrigerator or bite your ankles.
- I am thankful that my husband is made of lava and keeps me so warm in our cozy bed each night.
- I am thankful for my awesome students. Today I learned names, it was tough, but I may have them all down. I am also thankful that the kids in my small group have relatively easy names to say and spell haha Elijah, Bryson, Nimo, Samantha, JaSean, and Elena. I've got this!
- I am thankful for our community of friends who are so happy and excited to have us in Nashville. It lights up my day to know that we're so welcome.
- I am thankful for all the kind words that we've received from family and friends regarding our move. Your encouragement means so much!
- I am thankful that Jamie has found time in her schedule to take me to work each morning this week so that I can prolong my avoidance of taking bus.
Life is in a great place at the moment, and it has definitely settled in that this was the right step for us to take as a family. I'm feeling a little bit lazy tonight so I'm not going to upload any pictures, but I should have an update later this week about what all we've been doing here (besides working haha)
I really really really love my job so far, in case you were wondering! I've been doing a lot of training this week during the beginning of my day and then in the afternoons I get to hang out with my kids. I'm working at a place called the Martha O'Bryan Center with their youth development program. I'm in a classroom with about 28 elementary aged children each afternoon, and spend the rest of my day planning lessons, etc. It's a lot of fun, and I'm really enjoying all the people that I work with daily. I'm sure that I'll have some more updates about it/pictures eventually. I haven't worked full time in a long time so I'm a little worn out this week, oof!
Hope everyone has been having a great week! Anyone have cool Thanksgiving plans?