Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Wedding Update


Things have been going really well with wedding planning since I've been done with school. Don't quote me on this in August when I turn into a bridezilla, but it doesn't really look like there is TOO much that needs to be done, which is great because I love avoiding stressful situations. Here is what we've accomplished so far:

1. Honeymoon is booked thanks to Keith's wonderful mother. (do we HAVE to wait until August?)

2. We went last night and picked out wedding bands! They were a lot more reasonably priced that we had expected which was quite a relief.

3. After a few days worth of department store shopping we've decided what we want Keith and the groomsmen to wear, now we just have to find it in a reasonable price.

4. We made all our decorating decisions, and now I just need to get started on making each thing.

5. We planned out the entire ceremony, including songs and have also made the schedule for the reception events.

6. I have finalized the guest lists for the wedding, both wedding showers, the rehearsal dinner and the bachelor/bachelorette parties.

7. Made a detailed expense list of all of the things that still need to be purchased or paid for as well as documented everything that we've spent so far.

8. We've put together a list of songs that we want the band at the ceremony to play, as well as started a list for the DJ.

9. I'm currently emailing pictures of cakes that I like to my friend Jen who will be making ours.

10. We've begun making a list for our photographer Chris of all the shots that we want to get, just to make sure we don't forget any combination of people.

I think mostly what is left is making and sending out the invites, and finalizing the catering. We also need to make a list of when people are getting to town so that we can get as many people from the airport as possible, as well as making sure they get hotel arrangements.

Anyway, like I said things are going really well. I feel like we're in a good place with our planning and I don't feel like my life has been consumed yet haha

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think you're more organized than I was at any point during our wedding planning. Haha. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!