Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A happy splurge

Keith and I have been on a sort of diet this past month. Nothing intense, we've just been watching what we eat more carefully, making sure we don't go overboard on calories everyday and exercising a lot more. So far so good, he's lost about 8 pounds and I've lost about 5. We both feel really great, which is really all that matters. We've been pretty strict about watching our food and watching how much money we spend and I think it was making us both a little crazy so Keith decided since he was off yesterday that we should go on a dinner date. When he mentioned going out for food all I could think about was how much I wanted a monster turkey burger and greasy fries with a coke to top it off so we made the easy decision to head back to Sketch and make sure we weren't exaggerating its awesomeness haha Turns out everything was just as great as it was the first time we visited, and I can't WAIT to head back when my favorite aunt visits next month :)

Since we knew that we were going to be in the part of town that our friend Molly lives, we gave her a call to see if she wanted to join. I hadn't seen her since classes ended and it was great to catch up; I did feel a little bad though because I didn't warn her that Keith and I hadn't eaten junk food in a month and we were definitely tearing our food up like mad dogs haha

Here's Molly. She tried to be healthier than us by choosing fruit soda instead of Coke.. but turns out she mistakenly grabbed grapefruit flavor... grosssssssssss


They make all their own sauces at Sketch, and our favorite by far (and only one we've really tried) is the aioli. Between the fries, burgers, and fries we stole from Molly, we polished off like 6 of these sauce cups. We're sauce people :)

Also! The picture I drew when we were there on Keith's birthday was hanging up! (he couldn't find the one he drew.. mine's better, no big deal haha)

We dropped off Molly at her apartment and I insisted that Keith meet her very... voluptuous cat Hedy. She's just a LITTLE bigger than Theo ;)

In the spirit of splurging I just had to have a chipwich for dessert. Simple pleasures. Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!