Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

End of a Season

 I haven't posted about the kiddos in a while I just realized, which may be because we haven't been making a lot of new things... mostly just finishing up all our projects from throughout the year to display at various end of the year assemblies. I'm feeling a little bittersweet about my tenure as art instructor being up for the year, because for as frustrating and stressful as it was at times, I am extremely thankful for all the great experience it lent and for all the really cool things that my students made this year. I'm proud of them, and I'm also proud of myself for pushing my creativity and patience further than I imagined that I could. These kids really learned a lot, and passing back their portfolios last week made me really sad because there were definitely some things that I wanted to steal from them they were so cool haha. Is that weird? Here are some photos from our last couple weeks of art:

Middle school temporary mural

Theo hanging out with our kindergarten "quilt squares"

Sorting everyones art to place in their portfolios. SO. TEDIOUS!

Someone was very unhelpful 

The step team performing with the tie dyed shirts we made!

One of my favorite self portraits of the year haha

This guy was STOKED to take all his work home... he has literally asked me EVERY DAY for the past  6 months when he could take this home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!