Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

13.1

I feel like we've been shoving this down your throats a bit lately, but if you didn't catch the memo: we ran a half marathon last weekend! 

I'll spare you all the little details, but I can honestly say that this was one of the hardest things that I've ever done, though, I couldn't be happier that I got to share the experience with Keith and my father. We trained and trained for MONTHS but on the day of the race lots of things didn't go exactly the way we had practiced (like how stinkin HOT it was! yikes!) but at the end of the day we all finished, and I did much better than I thought I would when I hit that 5 mile wall. Directly after the race when I was tired, worn down and dehydrated I told everyone who would listen that I would NEVER do this again, but now that my legs are back up and running I'm starting to feel like I might just be crazy enough to try again haha. After the race Keith asked my dad (who has run more marathons than we can count) if this was something we were going to get addicted to. While I'm not quite at the addicted point, I can see that my thoughts towards running are starting to shift. Phewwww. Then again, I'm so happy that I don't have to feel obligated to wake up early this weekend to run for miles haha I'm so back and forth. 

The whole training process was such a learning experience; some days were awesome, and some days I felt like I would never be able to finish but now I can proudly cross this milestone off of my 2012 bucket list! Now it's time for us to cut some of the cardio out of our routines and get back to doing other things we love (for me, that would be zumba! and swimming!) I think I'll definitely miss the carefree eating that I've been doing lately haha. 

If you're interested in looking back at our journey to race day, check out my posts about our 5K and 10K races. 

At the convention center Friday picking up our numbers and counting down til the starting line

Pre race chilly morning

Post race... not looking TOO bad haha

Cheeseballs... but hey, we're pretty dang proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!