Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

10 Things to Love

Here are some things that made me smile this weekend:

1). Parks and Recreation I'm a little obsessed with this show... one of the only shows on TV right now that I actively look forward to each week (even more than Modern Family!) This season has been absolutely hysterical, I recommend that you get into it.


2). This beautiful summer weather! As much as I'm excited for the sun to finally be showing itself... it's such a tease to live SO far from the beach :( I miss Florida. Here's to being able to wear 90% of my wardrobe though haha this Florida girl has LOTS of sun dresses, shorts and sandals to pull out of the closet. If only my legs weren't such a scary shade of white....

3). Easter Candy I have no idea why, but Easter candy is my absolute favorite. Maybe it's the pastel colored wrappers, or the obvious egg shapes... but there is just something special about the candy they bust out for Easter. I loveeeee robin's eggs, and those magical butterfinger egg things. Even reese's peanut butter cups are better during Easter because when they're shaped like eggs you get way more peanut butter! Mmm Mmm Mmm! Sidenote: as much as I just stated my love for Easter candy... I DO NOT like peeps. Ick.

4). A new hat Last summer I rocked a big floppy hat for maximum sun protection, but I think my go-to this year will be this baby:
via H&M
5). Our new kitchen art We recently ordered some postcards from a local print shop that makes fun posters of all the Nashville hot spots. We can't wait to hang some more in our house but also to send them away to our favorite people :)
You cannot visit Nashville without a trip to Pancake Pantry

6). Baby Sage The boys went out on Friday night to have a cigar and celebrate Isaac being a dad which was the perfect opportunity for me to hang out with Carolyn, Jordie and of course... Sage. She is the prettiest and sweetest little baby :)

7). Spending a day in the park with friends Hopefully the first of many similar afternoons:







8). Finding an awesome Italian Restaurant! The south is known for lots of things but great Italian food doesn't usually top that list. After watching an episode of Diner, Drive Ins and Dives my dad suggested that we try this great local place called Savarinos Cucina and we were definitely not disappointed. It's the kind of family owned place that you would expect to find in NYC which was pretty unexpected and extremely satisfying. My favorite part was their selection of pastries and gelato which made me miss one of my favorite spots in Boca, Sonny's.


9). A clean house It took all day to get there, but our guest room is finally complete (with a queen sized bed and all) and the closest is finally organized and accessible. This was no small feat... but I'm heading to bed with a smugly proud smile on my face (and an incredibly comfy bed thanks to these freshly washed sheets!)

10). Chocolate covered popcorn Need I say more? I had some left over chocolate chips I wanted to get rid of, and wasn't in a baking mood so melted them and smothered it over a bowl of popcorn. It was utterly delightful and took like 3 minutes (plus another 10 to harden in the fridge... which was fine because we still needed to digest our dinner haha)

The theme of our weekend was REST. We slept in embarrassingly late on Saturday morning and spent the rest of the day lounging in the park and even ended our night with a fire out back to check out the supermoon. It was a pretty fabulous day and weekend overall.

We burned our Christmas tree and the flame got REALLY big haha
Another awesome thing about this weekend? Keith's best friend and Best Man at our wedding Jonathan Hillyard got ENGAGED today!!! We love his fiance Erin a whole lot, and are SO excited for them. Congrats to the happy couple!!

2 comments:

  1. i love it all. the show, the candy(ew to peeps!), the hat, the weather.

    can't wait to see you in july!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parks and rec is the best show EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!