Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Stamped

Pheww, we finally have a taste of internet at the house again! (meaning at&t still hasn't figured their crap out, but we found some wifi to steal yay!) Anyway, while my husband slaves away on some dinner I'll do my best to catch you up on what has been going on with us.

Here are some photos of a project that I did with my art students this past week. I wanted to find a cheap and mass producible way to introduce them to making stamps/printmaking and I am very thankful that I found this post on pinterest because it was SO perfect (and safe!) I just gave the kids a small square of foam, had them draw a design in pencil, trace over it again so it was nice and deep, then they applied some paint and stamped away! Obviously there was some room for error here (for the kids that didn't draw their design hard enough, or the kids who ALWAYS put on way too much paint haha) Overall though, I felt like the results were MUCH better than they could have been. Best of all though... they really enjoyed this project and have already asked to do it again! (and my boss made a point to tell me she really loved it which is always a great pat on the back :)

These were stamps that I carved as examples, and I let the kids stamp them for me. 

An example of too much paint, but a decent attempt at a city scape.

One of my kindergarteners! She we so proud of these! 


More examples of too much paint, but I loved the colors all the same. 

Flowers, and a random Simpsons reference that another teacher made haha

This one was BY FAR my shining star. This kid really understood what we were trying to do, and made this AWESOME Nashville skyline... I might be a little obsessed haha

Also: this is what my car looks like when we paint haha anyone have a portable drying rack?
I have really loved being able to share my students art on the blog, and I hope that you enjoy seeing it! I just get so proud of my students sometimes, and they are finally getting to a point that they make cool things haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!