Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkin Love

Yes. I bake on our kitchen table... but only because we don't have any counters. ugh.
Fall has definitely inspired me to try some new things in the kitchen. Last week it was some DELICIOUS butternut squash soup and today I just whipped up some incredible pumpkin muffins. I searched the internet yesterday for a recipe and decided on one that looked like it would suffice, and I'm definitely happy with my decision.

I recommend trying this out! If not for the actual muffins, but for the amazing smell that my whole house now has :) It is fall in our home.


Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup white and 1 cup brown just because I love brown sugar!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I always add just a little more because it smells so good)
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil (It seems like a lot, but it makes them super moist)
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (This wasn't in the original recipe I found, but all the reviews suggested adding it, and I think it really gives it more flavor)

12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (I only put chips in half of the muffins since my husband is a chocolate hater. They taste amazing either way!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F
In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and oil until smooth
Mix dry ingredients together and mix into pumpkin mixture gradually
Fold in chocolate chips
Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full
Bake for 16-20 minutes (mine had perfect crunchy tops, and moist insides after 18 minutes exact)

Let me know if you bake them for yourself, I would love to hear how they come out! Enjoy!

Recipe via food.com

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate hater? Sheesh.

    I showed Andrew and chocolate chip pumpkin muffin recipe I wanted to make and he said "Well, as long as there are chocolate chips in them they should taste good."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome hahaha I'm glad that I made both, because without the chips you get a lot more of the pumpkin and cinnamon flavors... but you just can't go wrong with chocolate!

    Keith doesn't even like chocolate chips in his chocolate chip cookies! I always make a dozen chip-less and then load up on extra chips for myself. He says they taste much better than sugar cookies, but that's pretty much what they are haha

    More for me and you :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to think!