Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Clarksville Adventures

This past Saturday I spent the day in Clarkville with my fellow Americorps members Sarah and Sara. Since summer camp started we have all been constantly swamped with kids and wanted to find some time to spend with each other outside of work before Sara moves to Chicago at the end of her term, and this was a great opportunity. Sara was house sitting for her sister up north, so Sarah and I drove up to hang for the day. We had some lunch together and then went to a local trail called King and Queen's Bluff to hike and swim in the Cumberland river. It was such a perfect day! Hot enough to warrent a dip in the chilly river, but lots of beautiful sunny skies to admire. After our hike and swim Sara drove us by this amazing antique mall where locals can pay to rent a booth and sell whatever they like. It was like a goldmine of cheap antiques and garage sale quality items... such a large range of treasures haha. It was so big and there was so much to look at, I would LOVE to go back.










I love creepy cat statues.
I would recommend going both of these places if you're ever in the Clarksville area. The trail that we went to was mostly trafficked by rock climbers because of all the awesome climbing opportunities, so if you're into rock climbing (which Keith DEFINITELY is) that would give you a great reason to go. and then you can say you've swam in the Cumberland River... which I never thought I would be able to say haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!