Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Water lilies

This week my elementary students worked on recreating one of Claude Monet's most well known series' of art: his water lilies. This was a particularly fun project because it allowed the kids to paint (which they're OBSESSED with), practice their cutting and pasting skills and to work with some 3D elements. It also allowed me to do a little art history geeking out, which they didn't really care much about. My only hope is that one day when they're older they will see a picture of one of Monet's Water lilies and think "oh yeah, remember that time when I was in 3rd grade and we made water lilies? that was awesome!" It doesn't actually matter if they think it was awesome... just remembering it in general would be good for me haha.

Our inspiration:


Here are some photos of the finished product:



Much thanks to this blog for the idea.

1 comment:

We love hearing what you have to think!