Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Office

Today I needed to take a little break from everything on my to-do list for a little bit after the hectic morning that I had. After dropping Keith off at work I headed up to the DMV to try and correct my incorrect license but ended up waiting in line just to walk out in tears. The whole Pennsylvania Department of Transportation makes absolutely no sense at all but in the end... I will NEVER have to go there again in my life. The jist? I filled out my application to change my name exactly how I was supposed to and paid for the processing and new card but when the confirmation arrived in the mail they chose to print the wrong name on it. I called the DOT yesterday and they assured me if I went to the DMV I could change it just fine, but when I got up to the counter they told me that in order for them to put through the change I would need to pay again. This immediately made no sense to me, and I had myself all geared up to fight with them about it.... but of course my terrible girly emotions took over and I started to tear up. I just left and cried in the car for a few minutes haha. Main point is: I didn't bring the check book because I hadn't intended on needing to pay anything, so I had to drive another half hour home to get it and then head back to the DMV to start all over again. What's done is done, it's over, I have a new license. I'm officially Dana Richards, AND my new picture is way better than my old one.

I celebrated on the way home with a hoagie and a nice big soda. It tasted like victory.

Then when I got back to the apartment I planted myself on the couch to watch some reruns of The Office which could cheer up anyone.

This little quote from Pam brought a smile to my face :)


"When you're a kid you assume your parents are soul mates. My kids are going to be right about that"

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to think!